Friday, June 15, 2012

still here and with a new baby blanket

I don't know why exactly I go through spurts of blogging frequently and then seem to stop all together. I am usually still sewing and crafting behind the scenes, but life gets busy and I don't have time to sit at the computer and document it. The kids have been out of school for two and a half weeks already and I am still adjusting to the new schedule. Not to mention, I am fighting for computer time! It's a bit odd to go from a very scheduled life to one with only a schedule I produce myself (with the help of the kids, of course). But, I did want to blog about this baby boy blanket I made last week.

I have had this Alexander Henry fabric for a few years and started the quilt around this fabric. I also had cut up a sheet and that's where I got the blue and white ticking.  


The back is navy and white seersucker which is a great summer fabric.
The quilting is just random spaces lines. I tend to keep it pretty simple on the quilting since I don't have much talent or experience in that area. I liked having 4 or 5 lines per strip of fabric because it added so much texture to the quilt.

4 comments:

chris said...

Cute, simple blanket. The map fabric is awesome. Don't worry about blogging frequency...I'm just happy when I see a post come up. :)

LouAnneL said...

It turned out so nicely. I love the simplicity of it.

stompy said...

Really enjoying looking at your blog. The ideas are so simple yet beautifully made. Thank you for sharing them.
kind regards Stompy

Michelle said...

I love this little boy blanket!! I found your blog back on a list of blogs I used to visit before my computer crashed, I'm so glad I did. I just started "quilting" with my sewing machine--straight line quilting is so attractive to me. I am not a huge fan of piecing little blocks together--ok, really it's the cutting that I dislike-so this is just my style! Thanks for the inspiration =)