Tuesday, April 10, 2012

easter dress

Keeping it simple, I used an older Lizzie McGuire Simplicity 3513 as the pattern to my daughter's Easter dress this year. I had purchased in several years ago when a big fabric store here was going out of business. In fact, I picked up a lot of patterns then, but in digging through my box of patterns I realize that most are size 1-4T which is too small for my daughter.
So, I guess I will have to save those for when I make gifts!
I bought this fabric at Hobby Lobby last Fall knowing I would use it for a dress for Mallory some time in the future. I love the new fabrics that they are carrying at Hobby Lobby. They are a fraction of all of the other lovely fabrics that they carry at the quilt shop. This pattern has a an elastic bias gathering in the front, bias in the arm holes and gathered fly away sleeves. It is still a bit big in the arm holes, but not too big. It has plenty of room for growing and when you sew something it's always good to get plenty of use out of it.

5 comments:

chris said...

Love the fabric and the pattern. Mallory is getting so big!

Monica said...

Darling!! Thank you! I have been looking for a dress pattern with that neckline for ev er!

Mrs. Rogers said...

Love it! Good job!

mountain girl said...

Beautiful dress! I love the fabric!

Mia

Unknown said...

So pretty