Friday, October 8, 2010

a few new things

I really am here. I keep wondering when I am going to post like I used to. I think life has a way of going in cycles and right now I seem to be busy with kids even though three of mine are in school all day. I can't explain it, but it's true. I have made a few things and haven't even taken pictures of them. Maybe that means I don't just make things to blog about them, but I am still not sure that is completely true. It's something I am trying to figure out for myself!


I made a few bibs for new babes over the past few weeks and took a photo of one of them. I used my owl applique pattern for the owl on the front and just used terry cloth for the back. I got this bib pattern from juicy bits blog. Mallory is wearing the bib in these photos and thought it was so funny to wear a baby bib.

I made this hair bow last Halloween. I just ran a long stitch along the length of grosgrain ribbon and pulled it taught so that it formed a circle. I made a smaller one for on top and then added a Halloween button I got in a package from Hobby Lobby. Simple and sweet. Mallory will now wear hairbows - sometimes. That's better than never I guess. Here is a photo of her with the wooden candy corn man I bought at the Country Living Fair two weeks ago in Columbus, OH (that I went to with Melissa) from company called Fried Green Tomatoes in Burlington, WI. He welcomes everyone as they come in the front door.

2 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

So cute! I love the Halloween outfit and bow. That bib is adorable too. I love owls.

Jennwith4 said...

Cute bib!