Saturday, June 27, 2009

molly's apron



I have so much fun when my kids get invited to a little girl's birthday party.  I know that the little girls like the princesses and Barbies, so I don't want to disappoint, but I am convinced that they will get plenty of those from the other party goers.  I tend to sew something and I know it won't be the hit, but maybe when things have died down a bit, they will like the apron or the doll that has been made for them.  I am hoping! Both of my youngest children (a 4 year old boy and a 2 year old girl) were invited to their friend Molly's birthday party (thank you Molly's mom) so I fancied up an pre purchased apron for her.  It's just applique gone wild with a ruffle on the bottom.  We filled the pockets with a whisk and dishtowel (perhaps for playing restaurant) and also put a little red headed clothespin doll in there since our dear Molly is one of the cutest red heads ever.  

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just lovely! Just like your blog. You make beautiful things and share some fantastic ideas. Thank you.

Janna said...

Adorable! Thanks for sharing your idea :)

Marjorie said...

My daughters would love it! What a wonderful gift.

Unknown said...

I think gifts like this one are the most special! I'm sure the little girl's mom will appreciate it too...afterall, how many Barbies do you need?

Emma said...

I love this - the sort of gift I'd love to give... or receive! Great applique and the doll is just the cutest.

Tina Leigh said...

Some of your best work indeed. You are so creative. Thanks for sharing such great ideas with us all.

Shannon said...

I think that is a great gift. And just on the subject of gifts... I think my kid's fav gift of all time is a raincoat and umbrella. Toys are overrated. My kids have had a couple of store bought cutesy umbrellas, but I just had an idea for decorating a cheap one with fabric paints, etc. Just felt like sharing an idea back at you. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Very Shannon said...

This looks great! Such a fun gift! Can I invite you to my next birthday :P

T@iy@ said...

That's very sweet, and exactly my idea for a party gift!

Actually, i have to tell you- I whipped up an apron for my cousin's daughter's 2nd birthday.. it was just a hostess apron.. small, made out of some fabric and lace I found laying around... and amongst the princess items, and electronic toys it was her FAV gift! Made me feel wonderful!

Carla G. said...

I love the additions on the apron! What a sweet gift for a little girl - and one I'm sure she remembered amidst all the Barbies and princesses! You did a fantastic job!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

What a wonderful, adorable gift! Too cute! The red-haired doll was the crowning glory! Wish I were Molly! Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Sharon

Jenette said...

Great job! I love it!

Zia meadows said...

any time your in the uk drop in for a party with us!

Anonymous said...

absolutely darling. I made one for a little girl last year and it was a hit. In fact, she was a little red head too--I did a strawberry themed one for her. I'm sure Molly loved hers.

GloJoeSews said...

This little girl will look back on her childhood and say, "Remember that apron I got when I was little and mom taught me to make...." This apron will be an heirloom.