Tuesday, February 3, 2009

first knitting project


This heart potholder is my first official knitting project that I finished while my mom was visiting. You can find the pattern here at the Lion Brand website. Did you see that mom? You didn't have to buy it for a whole .49 cents at the local craft store. It was free the whole time. It says easy, but it does have some weird stitches in it and is a little more difficult than a scarf. But, really have I made a scarf? Nah, so maybe I don't know what I am talking about. I just know that I made something and it resembles this!!

Also, for those who wanted to know, I got the square glass marbles from the local dollar store - Dollar Tree. And, now that I know that they are rare, I think I will go and buy some more.

2 comments:

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I am impressed!!! I tried to knit once and it is really hard! More complicated than it seems...

dana said...

Wow, that sounds really hard....and I've knitted a scarf before! Well done. It's really cute. What are you going to do when Valentine's day is over?? I guess you'll come up with all sorts of cute St. Patricks and Easter crafts.